The Room Papers
Get inspired with the latest trends
5 quick ideas to make your home special
For this week, we have selected a very quick and easy to execute tips to make our home a special place. Sometimes, placing pieces of furniture is not enough to get a warm and comfortable space.From The Room Studio, we encourage you to put into practice these 5 advices that could help you to get that different touch that will make us feel complete, do you dare?
1. Include custom shelves made to measure: They are a very good option to decorate neutral spaces and without form. We get more storage and an incredible visual result, where we can place our favourite books and memories.
2. Wallpapers with personality: We love the option of incorporating these elements in the headboards of the beds and main walls of some areas of the house. They add character and give movement to each room, giving then the focus that we are looking for.
3. Keep the original elements: Each house has a story that counts through the old pieces that we can find there. We like the idea of being able to combine old elements with more contemporary pieces.
4. Choose special lighting pieces: In addition to necessary, it is a very good way to add design to the house. Choose delicate pieces for strategic points, will help us to integrate volumes.
5. Add art works: This type of pieces are essential to increase the value of the house. In this type of pieces, we can obtain much information about their owners.